We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health. Our community and our country has been through a lot over the last few months. While much has changed, our commitment to your safety has remained the same. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice to ensure the safety and comfort of our patients, staff and visitors. You may notice some of the precautions we take during each visit to our office, but we would like to tell you a little bit about what we will continue to do along with new protocols that have been added to our procedures.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will ask patients screening questions before appointments
- Upon arrival patients temperature will be recorded and screening questions will be asked again
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. We will provide this for you and will have extra throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for physical distancing between patients, which will decrease the number of available appointments and the number of patients in the waiting room each day.
- Our office will be colder to help our dental staff to be comfortable while wearing PPE so please plan to bring a warm layer of clothing for your appointment during these warm summer days
We are looking forward to resuming our daily routines and to seeing you again. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 508-746-1666.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Matthew T Boynton, DMD, PC & Staff